The AEA Institute will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase. This is at no cost to you.
Kindle $4.99, Audiobook $0 (audio trial), Paperback $14.99
Unthinkable. Unbelievable. Heartbreaking.
Whatever words we choose, they all fall far short of reality.
The loss of a child is a terrible thing.
How do we survive this? Can we?
Shattered: Surviving the Loss of a Child was written to help.
Bestselling author, hospice chaplain, and grief specialist Gary Roe uses his three decades of experience interacting with grieving parents to give us this heartfelt, easy-to-read, and intensely practical book. In Shattered, Roe walks the reader through the powerful impact a child’s death can have - emotionally, mentally, physically, relationally, and spiritually.
- Intense, unpredictable emotions can hijack us at a moment’s notice.
- Our minds spin. We forget things. It feels like we’re going crazy.
- Our bodies get hit. Our health can be impacted.
- Our souls feel crushed, shaking our faith and what we think we believe.
- Our relationships change. A deep loneliness of the heart can set in.
- Our plans and dreams are shattered. We’re now in uncharted territory.
Yes, the loss of a child affects everything.
In Shattered, you will discover how to…
- Manage the massive changes that are occurring in your life
- Take care of yourself during this process
- Honor your child with your grief
- Love those around you, even with a broken heart
- Live life as well as possible while in the midst of great pain
- Make your child's life count in deep and powerful ways
Shattered is not a magic pill. The death of a child cannot be fixed. But comfort, compassion, guidance, and hope can be found in these pages.
We will never be the same, but we can survive. And to some degree, we can heal.Shattered can help.
Open this book, and let the healing continue.